The Region of Three Oaks Museum opened its doors in our present building at 5 Featherbone on August 2012. As a history of its beginnings; from 1916 to 1952, the Chamberlain Memorial Museum was filled with artifacts from many of E.K. Warren’s travels and area families. In 1952 much of the collection was moved to the Michigan State University Museum. In 2004, over 2000 items from the original CMM were returned to Three Oaks and housed in the Three Oaks Library. Dedicated volunteers and board members chartered what is now The Region of Three Oaks Museum. We are a 501©3, non profit organization. We operate solely on donations, membership and the dedicated hard work of our volunteers.
The Museum is governed by a Board of Directors who also are ‘hands on’ volunteers. We are currently searching for individuals who will consider being a part of The Region of Three Oaks Museum Board of Directors.
The term of office is three years, which may be extended for more terms if the individual wants to stay on the board. We are searching for individuals with the following qualifications:
1. Candidates must be willing to become a member of The Region of Three Oaks Museum if appointed to the Board of Directors (if not already a member)
2. It is important but not mandatory, the candidates have been an active museum volunteer in any capacity, prior to being nominated to the Board of Directors.
3. Our Board of Directors meet once a month. It is an expectation the candidates be able to commit to 90% attendance at Board of Directors meetings * exceptions allowed
4. Candidate must be willing to chair or be a participating member of one of the five standing committees as defined by the By-Laws (Collections, Finance, Fund raising, Nominating, Communications)
5. Candidates must be willing to chair or be a member of an ad hoc committee as needed (such as membership or volunteers)
6. Candidates must be willing to assist with the planning, leadership, and/or direct hands on efforts with day to day operations as well as special events
We would like you to consider being one of The Region of Three Oaks Museum Board of Directors. If you are interested in exploring this possibility, please let us know and we can discuss it further with you.
Please contact us regarding this opportunity via email (email@example.com).
The Nominating Committee of The Region of Three Oaks Museum