Here's a sample of our 2018 displays.
LOOKING TO THE PAST, LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
The Museum is a sponsor of the 2018 Three Oaks Civil War Days, a weekend of living history, July 28 and 29. This is continuing some of last year's Three Oaks Sesquicentennial Celebration. The Region of Three Oaks Museum offers a look back 100 years, to its Centennial Celebration, and 150 years to the village's founding plus a whole lot of years before and in between!
During the 2017 season, we offered something for even our smallest visitors with the opening our our new 'play and learn' room. They can try their hand at old-fashioned chores, use their science skills to identify local trees, or curl up with a classic children's story.
OTHER 2017 DISPLAYS:
- A TYPICAL 1880s KITCHEN ... NO REFRIGERATOR, COFFEEMAKER OR TOASTER!
- THE LONG FAMILY KIMBALL ORGAN MADE IN 1902, A COMMUNITY HEIRLOOM.
- A TURN OF THE CENTURY BEDROOM, COMPLETE WITH CRAZY DESIGN QUILT.
- "FREEDOM IS NOT FREE" DISPLAY DEDICATED TO AREA MEN AND WOMEN WHO SERVED IN THE ARMED FORCES.
- TOOLS OF THE TIMES, INCLUDING 1880s FANNING MILL FOR CLEANING GRAIN, A GRINDSTONE AND BLACKSMITH ANVIL AND TOOLS.
- PIONEER CRAFTS, FROM CANDLEMAKING TO BUTTER CHURNING.
- A FASHIONABLE--AND FUN--LOOK AT TIMELESS HATS AND ANTIQUE WALKING CANES.
- CLASSIC TREATS AND NOVELTIES ON DISPLAY IN OUR OLD-FASHIONED DIME STORE EXHIBIT.
- SCAVENGER HUNTS, 'WHAT IS IT?' DISPLAYS, AND SO MUCH MORE!